About Me

My photo
Retro wifey, mommy to a princess, editor, PETA fanatic, and I Love Lucy!

Saturday, April 12, 2014

HERB COMPOUND BUTTER

This is even more FABULOUS than you can imagine!  Fancy restaurant style!  Today, I am throwing it on top of my steak!  Yes, I said STEAK!  You will thank me for this, so you're welcome! 



IT'S TRULY THIS EASY:

Chop 1 clove of garlic, about 1 tsp.
Chop some Italian leaf parsley, about 2 tbsp.


1-1/2 Sticks of salted butter


1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp Montreal Steak Grill Mates
1/2 tsp pepper
pinch of salt


 
Throw all the above together, and mix.


Cut out a square of aluminum foil (the size for rolling a butter log).
Cut out a square of plastic wrap (the size for rolling a butter log).

Lay the plastic wrap square on top of the foil square, and put your butter mix on top of plastic. 


Start rolling the butter with the plastic wrap only while forming into a log; make sure it is tight.


Wrap your butter log with the foil and twist the ends together.
 

Put your butter log into the freezer, if you want it to set within 20 minutes.  You can put it in the refrigerator to set if you don't need it until later.  I needed mine right away, so I used the freezer method today.




About 20 minutes later, you will have an herb compound butter that is to die for!  You just slice it like a cookie roll!

  
And throw it on top of your steak (while steak is still hot)!


When that butter melts, it's like HEAVEN on a steak!!  And, don't forget to throw a pat or two on your baked potato!!


  ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly