- 2-14/ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 full stick of Crisco Butter Flavor Shortening (you can use butter instead, unsalted, 1-3/4 sticks, room temp)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used the mini's in this recipe, but use what you want)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda; set aside.
In the bowl of electric mixer, combine butter with both sugars; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
Reduce speed to low; add the salt,vanilla, and eggs. Beat until well mixed, a couple of minutes. Add flour mixture; mix on low to medium until just combined.
Add in chocolate chips; mix on low for about 30 seconds.
Drop 1-1/2 tbsp size balls of dough, about 2 inches apart on baking sheet with parchment paper.
Bake until cookies are golden around the edges and set in the center, 10-12 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack.
Of note: Makes 2 dozen if you make a bigger cookie (1-1/2 tbsp), and 3 dozen if you make a smaller cookie (1 tbsp)