About Me

My photo
Retro wifey, mommy to a princess, editor, PETA fanatic, and I Love Lucy!

Monday, March 31, 2014

TACO LETTUCE WRAP

I ♥ lettuce!  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!  I haven't met a lettuce that I don't like.  When I am cutting down on carbs for a day or two, lettuce is my "go-to" food!  Who needs a tortilla?


Makes 6 good sized lettuce wraps

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb ground beef 
  • 1 small to medium sized yellow onion
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 6 nice sized Romaine lettuce leaves
  • 1 cup cheddar cheese (depends on how much cheese you like on your tacos)
  • 4 green onions (scallions)
  • 1 can roasted green chili (diced)
  • 2 Roma tomatoes 
  • 1/3 cup cilantro





Instructions:

Chop yellow onion, sweat down in skillet with a little vegetable oil.  Add ground beef until brown.


(This beautiful cast iron skillet is about 55 plus years old.  It was my mother's.  There are some things that just taste so much better when it comes from her skillet)!

Okay, back to the instructions:

Chop all your veggies, cilantro, green onion, lettuce, tomatoes.  Shred your cheese.  Open your can of green chili's.  This is what I do, so you can "build your own."


 (The best part is, whatever veggies are left over on this platter, the next day I can always use them in something else.  Soup, pasta, salad.  It won't go to waste around here).  

So, go ahead "build your own!"  Use whatever you like!  It's that easy!

Oh, and throw whatever hot sauce you like on top!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly